SEO stands for search engine optimization. Nowadays, it is playing a vital role in all business organization. Search engine optimization is the process of increasing the viewers of a website by gaining a higher rank in the search engines. It is a process of increasing the visibility of a website. The website which has the highest ranking in the search results receives a large number of visitors from the search engine’s users. SEO helps in confirming the accessibility of a site by a search engine. Search engines are the documents which help in finding certain documents or certain keywords and then returns back a list of documents in which the keywords are found. Search engines permit the users to search documents on a world wide web. It basically helps in finding the websites which are relevant to what the user is searching for. This process of enhancing the visibility of a website to the user is also known as the content marketing strategy. One of the biggest examples of a search engine is Google which dominates the market. Each of the search engines has their own algorithms for providing the results. Some of the search engines are Bing, Baidu, Yandex, and others. The search engines are dependent on a number of key factors:
This is one of the major Google ranking factors. This is the textual content which determines the themes with suitable captions and metaphors. It also contains videos, audios, graphics, and images to augment the quality content. The matter has to be pertinent, unswerving, precise, unique and keyword - rich. For the best results, the content has to be comprehensive and applicable to the audience.
Web performance is another key factor which refers to the speed at which web pages are downloaded and exhibited on the operator’s web browser. It constitutes the availability of a web page, the loading time of the page and the response time. The page load time is the time between the user's request for a website and the time taken when the page is fully visible in front of the user’s web browser.
User experience is another major Google ranking factor. It includes the design of the site, navigation of the site and the credibility of the site. The experience plays a vital role in attracting and retaining a user. For example, easy navigation helps the users to browse the other sites thus abating the bounce rate. Bounce rates portray the experience of the user and the significance of the content. Low bounce rate is an indication of a good user experience.
This is another important ranking factor. The content should respond to all the mobile platforms. Majority of the websites have become mobile friendly. But now the focus should be on mobile - first and not just mobile-friendly. Speed is another important criteria. For example, if a page takes 3 seconds to load on a desktop, it should take 2 seconds to load on a mobile phone.
PURPOSE OF A SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
The main purpose of an SEO is to reduce the time taken for searching a particular page or a website. The main goals and purpose of an SEO are the followings:
- The main purpose of SEO is to generate a lot of traffic and increase the rankings.
- A lot of time is time is spent on creating content for the visitors but it is essential to generate visibility at the same time. SEO helps in increasing the visibility of a particular page or a website.
- SEO has the capability to bring a qualified traffic that helps in achieving the goals of the website.
- SEO is very important for direct marketing. A lot of searches and queries come up with commercial intents and purposes. Therefore, using the correct keyword can help in boosting direct marketing.
- SEO helps in enriching the user experience which determines the online success.
- SEO helps in social sharing platforms. The contents which are shared on the social media are actually related to the SEO parameters, for example, the title tags.
- SEO helps in social sharing platforms. The contents which are shared on the social media are actually related to the SEO parameters, for example, the title tags. SEO is used to increase the popularity of a brand. Google is one of the best search engines. People rely a lot on Google. If the brand name has lower rankings on Google, the users become more skeptical about that particular website. If Google has a spot and offers the top rankings to the website, the site automatically becomes popular.
- SEO is the best investment for taking a business to the next level. There are a lot of competitors in the market and they are very well proficient in the benefits of search engine optimization. Naturally, they try to take the advantage of it. The best search engine optimization companies help in improving the business by placing it higher on the search engines than of the competitors.
- It helps in increasing the sales of a company. There are over 250 million websites. Therefore it is pretty hard to make popularity with so many websites. SEO helps in promoting the brand out from the rest and helps in boosting the sales of the company.
- One of the main use and greatest advantage of search engine optimization is that the ultimate results are permanent even if someone stops paying for it. But yes, the company will lose the top ranking. Nevertheless, if a company can secure its top position from the very first day then it becomes difficult for it to get taken away.
STRATEGIES REQUIRED TO STRENGTHEN THE VISIBILITY OF A WEBSITE
The visibility of a site can be defined as the ease with which a user can find the content or the website among millions of the other websites. Therefore, it is essential to follow certain principles so that there is a very good chance of getting to the desired page. The search engine optimization uses the following strategies to increase the visibility of a website or a page:
- Proper use of the keywords :
Firstly, it is essential to identify the proper keywords in the search engine box. It is important to make a list of the keywords and then use the Google AdWords keywords to identify the keywords which the user is looking for. After proper identification of the keywords, one must make sure that the keywords are visible in the body of the page which cannot be seen.
- URL's :
The URL is one of the important factors and it is necessary to make certain that the URL’s are easy to search by the search engines. It will be good if the most used keywords are used.
- Proper use of a content
Another important strategy is the use of a good content. The content of a website should be written in a thorough manner and it should make use of the keywords so that the website appears at the top of the search list. The content should have maximum words and phrases which the users have used a lot while browsing a particular page or website. The content should include certain texts on the homepage of a site to describe the purpose of the site. There should be no plagiarism within the website as the presence of a duplicate content indicates a lower worth as per the search engine.
- Page rankings
PageRank is another important principle which helps the search engines in validating a particular website. Linking between the site is useful as it enables the link juices to be carried forward to another site thus improving the ranking. A link juice can be referred to the power which is passed to another site by the links from the sources- both external and internal. In order to improve the page rank, the inbound links of a website should be controlled. Reference and hyperlinks should be mentioned in the website when a source is mentioned.
- Fresh content
It is important to keep the content fresh and updated. The content should be changed recurrently because the rate at which the search engine visits the website depends largely on the content. In order to keep the content updated, the texts should be changed, new images should be added, old pages should be removed etc. It is important to maintain a blog which is correlated to the website so that regular posts can be made.
- Promotions with the help of social media
The social media platforms play a very important role in promoting the website. The contents posted on these platforms helps in increasing the visibility of the website. It is also essential to scrutinize the progress of the website. This can be done by observing the traffic of the website and the source from where it is coming. This analysis of the progress helps to understand and adjust the strategies of the website and remain focused on its goals.